These terms and conditions (the "General Terms") bind you the user, (whether you are a General or Registered User, Subscriber or Employer (as defined below) (the "User")), with respect to:
- Your access to and use of the websites on which these General Terms appear (the "Websites"); or
- Any information, product or service (including any Registered or Subscriber Service or Employment Services (as defined below)) provided by us on, from or via the Websites (the "Services").
- References to "we", "all", "our" and "us" are references to FB-Research. Each time a User accesses or uses the Websites or the Services. Users agree to be bound by these General Terms.
- These General Terms apply in addition to any other terms or conditions that expressly apply to any of the Services ("Specialized Terms"). To the extent that there is any contradiction between these General Terms and the Specialized Terms, the Specialized Terms shall prevail.
- If any Users do not agree with these General Terms they should not access or use the Websites or use any of the Services.
- We may from time to time amend, update or change the Websites, the Services, or these General Terms without notice. Updated versions of the General Terms will be uploaded onto this page. By continuing to use the Websites and/or the Services, Users are agreeing to the updated General Terms. If Users do not agree to any changes, they should not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Websites and/or Services.
- Users should read these General Terms carefully before using any part of the Websites or Services and print out a copy for your records. It is advised that Users periodically check these General Terms for any amendments or changes that may be made to them from time to time.
Registered Users and Subscribers
There are three User levels on the Websites as follows:
- Level 1: General User – general access to the Websites free of charge and without registration.
- Level 2: Registered User – Users that register to receive free newsletters or other content or services that may be available from time to time.
- Level 3: Subscribers - subscribers paying for access to Subscriber Services.
- The Websites offer various services that consist of access to or the supply or provision of services, content or information not available to General or Registered Users ("Subscriber Services").
- Any particular terms and conditions attaching to the use of any Subscriber Service are in addition to these General Terms
- The price of any Subscriber Service is subject to change at any time. Users should make sure that they are aware of the price of any Subscriber Service before they purchase it.
- Subscriber Services are provided on the basis of an annual fee in US$ (unless otherwise indicated) plus any applicable levies, taxes or other statutory charges ("Annual Fee").
- On completion of the subscription process, Subscribers will be given a 30 day free trial period.
- Once the trial period ends, Subscribers will be required to pay the Annual Fee if they wish to continue to use the Subscriber Services. To the full extent permitted by law, no refunds of the Annual Fee or any other fees or charges will be provided.
- If we cancel or discontinue a Subscriber’s use of or access to any Subscriber Service other than due to a breach of these General Terms, the User will be entitled to a refund of the unused portion of the Annual Fee to be calculated on a pro rata basis.
3. General terms of trade
- The disclaimers, liability limitation and indemnity in these General Terms apply to all transactions effected through, or as a result of accessing, the Websites.
- If Users order the Services from us through the Websites, the following conditions apply (in addition to, and to the that extent these conditions are consistent with any terms or conditions relating to these products or services appearing elsewhere in the General Terms, elsewhere on the Websites, or otherwise the subject of an agreement between us and the User)
4. User obligations and acknowledgments
The User acknowledges and agrees as follows:
- that we provide the Website "as is".
- not to use or otherwise engage in any conduct in any way related to the Websites or the Services for any purpose that is illegal or otherwise breaches any law;
- not to use any information, software or any other materials contained in or accessed or obtained from or via the Websites or the Services for any purpose that is illegal or otherwise breaches any law;
- not to use, post or send information or code in any form to or via the Websites for the purpose of causing, or that results in, harm of any kind to us or any other person, the Websites, the content of or links to any of the Websites or any other property;
- any information provided by the User to us or posted or sent to or via any of the Websites to us or any other party will be true, accurate, complete and up to date and will not be misleading; and
5. Warranties and Liability
- To the fullest extent permitted by law we exclude, whether express or implied, all warranties (including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), terms, conditions or representations of any kind.
- In the event that any warranty cannot by law be excluded, our liability in any way related to the Websites (or any third party website) including the use of the Websites or any product or Service accessed, obtained or purchased via or from us or the Websites.
Exclusions and disclaimers
In no event will we or our employees, agents, suppliers, or contractors be liable to a User (whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) for (i) any compensatory, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages; or (ii) any loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, loss or denial of service, business interruption (in each case whether direct or indirect), even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in any way connected with:
- access to or use of the Websites, the Services or any other website;
- access to, use of or reliance on any information, data, software, in, from or via the Websites or Services;
- the inability to access or the malfunction of the Websites or Services;
- the loss, use or misuse of, or unauthorized access to, any credit card details or other financial information provided by you to us (whether via the Websites or otherwise);
- our failure or the Websites' failure to complete any transaction for any reason;
- any failure or breach (whether by us or any other person) of the Websites’ security protections, mechanisms, protocols and/or procedures;
Suitability of materials
- The material on the Websites and anything provided as part of the Services is only of general informational value and does not in any way constitute legal or other professional advice or an approval, recommendation, endorsement or sponsorship by us. The information and content of the Websites and any content made available via the Services does not address a User's particular circumstances and accordingly, Users should not rely upon the content of the Websites or anything presented as part of the Services as a substitute for proper professional advice. We accept no responsibility for any reliance placed on information or content provided on the Websites or via the Services.
- In the Websites, or in any of the content present as part of the Services any frame, link or reference to or information about other websites, persons, information or the products or services of any person is produced solely for convenience and is not an endorsement or approval of or a representation of, an affiliation with those parties, their views or their products or services.
- We do not warrant the truthfulness, accuracy, currency, suitability or reliability of any information contained, linked or referred to in the Websites, the content provided as part of the Services, or any other website.
Emails, messages and other communications
- The User takes full responsibility for any information, data or any other material posted on or sent to or via us, the Websites or any other person and the User should at all times ensure they are aware of the lawfulness of such information or data. We have no obligation to make ourselves aware of any such information, data or any other material on any of the Websites or provided to us or any other person (including for the purposes of the Employment Services).
- All messages sent via the Websites are sent at the risk of the sender. We accept no liability for the content of transmitted messages, or non-receipt or non-transmission of any message for any reason.
- We may add information at our discretion to any message sent through or via the Websites. The content of any added information is to be determined at our sole discretion
- We reserve the right to remove or cause to be removed any information posted on the Website by any User.
Links and other business relationships
- Other than as required by law, we make no representations or warranties whatsoever about any other website which may be accessed through the Websites. Links are provided as a courtesy to you only and in no way should be interpreted as an endorsement or approval of or affiliation with any other website.
- We are not responsible for any information or opinions published on any website linked or referred to in the Websites.
- Other websites accessed through links on the Websites, or advertisements, their referral buttons or embedded hyperlinks, might contain representations or offers which Users can accept by linking to a relevant website and executing a transaction. These are not representations or offers made by us and the relevant third party is solely responsible to Users for the delivery, condition and suitability of any products or services Users purchase by accessing those websites.
Compliance with laws
- The User must ensure that their access to the Websites is not illegal or prohibited by, and that they at all times comply with, any applicable laws.
- We do not warrant that the content of the Websites complies with the laws of any country outside of India. If Users access the Websites or any third party Websites from outside of India, they do so at their own risk and accept responsibility for ensuring or confirming compliance with all laws that apply to them as a result of that access or any consequent transactions or dealings with us.
6. Intellectual Property
- Unless otherwise expressly notified by us, all Intellectual Property and other rights of a proprietary nature comprised in the Websites, any software, content, information or any other materials contained in or otherwise connected with the Websites or any of the Services is our exclusive property. "Intellectual Property" shall, for the purpose of these General Terms, mean all copyright (including moral rights), patents, designs, trademarks, trade names, logos, goodwill, trade secrets, confidential information, computer programs, electronic circuit layout rights, plant breeders rights and any other similar rights of a proprietary nature.
- We reserve all of our rights with respect to all of our Intellectual Property.
- Except as otherwise provided by these General Terms, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, Users may not in any way or by any means reproduce, adapt, communicate, broadcast, decompile, disassemble, download, copy, store, reverse engineer, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works or subject matter from any of the materials on the Websites, any software, content information or any other materials contained in or otherwise connected with the Websites or any materials provided as part of the Services without our prior written consent.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, any information posted on the Websites or sent to us by a User ("User Materials") and any Intellectual Property existing therein becomes our property from the point that it is uploaded to any of the Websites and the relevant User or any other person releases and waives all their rights and interest including any Intellectual Property Rights in that information. The User and/or any other relevant person (as applicable) remains liable for any claim by any person for any loss, damages, cost or expense of any kind in any way related to that information.
In the event of inconsistency between these General Terms and any terms and conditions attaching to a particular Service (including any Registered User, Subscriber or Employment Service), those terms and conditions relating to a particular Service shall take precedence.
No offers where illegality arises
Nothing on the Websites constitutes an offer to provide Services in any jurisdiction if to do so would contravene the laws of that jurisdiction.
We can use your feedback
When you send us or the Websites any feedback or suggestions about the Websites or our business, you agree that we can use and adapt any ideas, concepts, techniques, words or images contained in the feedback or suggestions for any purpose and without restriction or compensation.
Co-operation with authorities
We reserve the right to co-operate fully with any law enforcement or other regulatory authority in any jurisdiction in respect of a lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information about anyone posting materials on the Websites which the authority claims violates any applicable law.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These General Terms will be governed by and construed under the laws of India.
- All legal content contained on the Websites relate only to the laws of India, unless specifically stated otherwise. The laws of India may be different from a User's jurisdiction's laws.
- Users irrevocably agree that the courts of India and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these General Terms or its subject matter or formation.
For the avoidance of doubt and subject to clause 2.2.7 (if applicable), we may terminate these General Terms, your use of the Services or any license or agreement arising under or pursuant to these General Terms, at any time and without prior notice.
In these General Terms a reference to FB-Research is a reference to Al-Shaahin Business Research and Events Private Limited a company incorporated in India.
If you wish to contact FB-Research please contact Mr Abrar Baba as follows:
Al-Shaahin Business Research and Events Private Limited,
Upper Soura, Srinagar,
Jammu & Kashmir - 190020,
In these General Terms unless the context otherwise requires:
- headings are for reference purposes only;
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- reference to a person includes a company or any other entity recognized by law and vice versa;
- where a word or phrase is defined its other grammatical forms have a corresponding meaning;
- the use of the word includes or including is not to be taken as limiting the meaning of the words preceding it; and
- an agreement, representation or warranty on the part of two or more persons is for the benefit of them jointly and severally.