Senior Conference Producer will be expected to drive forward the revenue and profitability of the series. Time management and a high level of organization are essential as the candidate will be responsible for a number of time sensitive products. Confidence and the ability to deal with senior level representatives is a must. This role would especially suit someone with strong communication skills (written and oral) and strong research skills.
- Producing up to 10 high quality, independently researched conferences per annum with a logical and complete agenda which is an accurate representation of the industry and current state of the market segment to enable attendees to make informed business decisions.
- Understand industries and their value chain quickly.
- To accurately position and identify the audience for an event.
- To obtain the maximum marketing potential for an event: deadlines must be met.
- To communicate all the necessary information to other members of the team to maximize the revenue and success any one event can achieve.
- To take in information on the telecom industry not only for their own projects but for the team as a whole.
- Business development of new industry organizations, event ideas and event formats.
- Manage all aspects of the process with a good knowledge of how an event runs.
- Topic and format generation – contributing new event topics (add to the hot list) and bringing different aspects to the conference
- Develop external relationships with associations, new businesses, potential co-located events
- Have a greater understanding of the conference process and give input into the process-finding ways to improve the event and the processes used to run it
- Managing, mentoring, coaching ability to develop new staff as the series grows Understand the budget; contribute to managing the budget and controlling costs
- Give excellent service to speakers, sponsors and delegates, building individual relationships on event series that encourage continued business
- 2-5 years’ experience in B2B finance events.
- University graduate.
- Interest in the telecom industry.
- Fresh ideas and an imaginative approach.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong IT skills.
- Additional languages are useful.
2. Senior Sponsorship Sales Manager
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Sales Manager will be selling into and managing a portfolio of B2B conferences. This will include management of up to three sales people but with growth targets based on forecasted increased profitability of the series.
What Will You Sell ?
Our conferences are commercial B2B conferences providing business information for senior level executives from the telecom sector. Many of our events focus on regional issues and take place in locations globally. Our products are research led, but with a commercial purpose and sponsorship in mind. We design high quality programmes with unrivalled speakers, as such we have an excellent reputation in the markets we serve.
- Clear, demonstrable understanding of the sales process.
- Minimum 5 years sales experience, preferably in sponsorship sales.
- Fully focused on the customer and adept at finding great solutions.
- Ability to build and manage a their team’s sales pipeline and provide quantitative reporting to management.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure at all times.
- Hard working with a high pace of work.
- Ambitious and financially driven.
- Strong believer in continuous training and self-development.
- Articulate, intelligent and well presented with strong people skills.
- Solid experience using sales databases such as Sales Force.
- Monitoring your team's performance and motivating them to exceed targets
- Close sales and hit personal sales targets.
- Help create a results driven, high energy sales environment.
- Report performance figures to the sales director and management team, weekly.
- To lead by example and foster team work and collaborative attitude.
- Ensure internal deadlines are hit across all products.
- Strategic development of the sponsorship revenue strategy.
- Gather product and company feedback from customers and prospects.
- Help to develop new products and packages.
- Work with the research team to gain a comprehensive understanding of the target audience/prospects for your portfolio of products.
- Implementing cross-team sales productivity improvement initiatives and processes.
- Work directly with the Researchers and Marketing teams to generate new sales leads.
- Work directly and collaboratively with the operational function to ensure cohesive communication with clients and a smooth sales campaign delivery on site.
- Conduct face-to face meetings with senior management from target market.
- Management experience and training.
- Experience with Sales Force.
- Additional languages advantage.
3. Conference Research Interm
We are looking for undergraduates and recent graduates who are interested in telecom industry and want to gain valuable experience working in fast-paced, challenging environment (volunteers).
As a research intern you will either be assigned to one or more projects or a specific project area. FBR Events focuses on a number of exciting areas within the wider sector of telecom industry.
The role of assisting in research projects is varied, but your responsibilities are likely to include:
Conference Research: From statistical analysis through online searches. Finding new media partners, searching for target speakers contact details, brief notes writing etc.
Conference Agendas: Helping the production of conference agenda from conception to the final draft.
Database Leads Enrichment: Expanding our database and network by finding people to invite to our events.
Conferences: Helping out with organizing a wide range of project-related events and activities, from designing the structure of the conference to sorting out the food/ drink and attending the event.
As well as any additional duties required to achieve a conference success.
Send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org
Whilst all CVs received will be considered, due to the huge volume we receive we cannot guarantee to respond to all applicants